Terms of Service
Terms of Service
The following terminology applies to these Terms of Service and any booking made between you, The Client, and ourselves, Scenic Route.
"Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person making this booking and accepting these Terms of Service.
"Scenic Route", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Company Scenic Route. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both you and/or us, depending on who is implicated in the sentence.
"Event" refers to any type of booking you make with our company. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake this booking with you. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
By booking Scenic Route for your Event you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following Terms of Service.
Please note we do not accept cheques or cash payment for your deposit or final balance payment - we only accept BACS Transfer.
When your quote is issued it will be valid for 14 days only, as will the price at time of booking. Please note this does not mean your date is reserved for this duration, it simply means our services will be held to the stated price on this quote for 30 days. Due to a high volume of enquiries, we cannot ‘hold’ dates - the only way to secure your booking is to pay the deposit invoice. We reserve the right to change the prices outside of the 14 day period.
Your deposit invoice
A 20% non-refundable deposit must be made into our account to secure your booking. Payment must be made within 7 days of your invoice being issued. If you fail to pay your deposit in this time then your invoice will be void. Any monies paid outside of the due date will not secure your booking and a refund cannot be issued.
Please do not pay more than the agreed 20% deposit to secure your booking, or pay any further monies toward the balance without an invoice issued by us.
Your balance invoice
Your balance invoice will be issued 3 weeks before your Event and we request payment 7 days after date of issue. Please do not make payment until we have issued you the invoice, and please use the invoice number as reference when making payment.
Monies that remain outstanding by the due date will incur late payment interest at the rate of 2% above the prevailing Bank of England's base rate on the outstanding balance until such time as the balance is paid in full and final settlement. We reserve the right to seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid sixty days from the date of invoice via collection Agencies and/or through the Small Claims Court in the event that the outstanding balance does not exceed £3000. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
Where possible, Scenic Route will need to be able to temporarily park their vehicle close to the entrance of the venue and unload their music equipment. After the equipment is unloaded, they will require a reserved parking space for the duration of the time that they at your Event. We appreciate that not all venues have parking, and in such circumstances, Scenic Route will source parking elsewhere. If they have to purchase a ticket for a car park during the time they are working at your Event, they may seek to reimburse this amount.
If Scenic Route need to arrive earlier than the usual setup time (e.g if you need them to set up for your Drinks Reception prior to your Ceremony, or setup for your Evening Reception prior to your Wedding Breakfast) then this may incur an additional cost of £25 per hour. We will try to ascertain this information when we issue your quote so that you have a full cost upfront. However, if the information we need is not available to us at that time (sometimes when Clients book Scenic Route, timings/setup/location within the venue are either not known by the Client or not made clear to us by The Client) then we will need to add this amount to your final balance invoice.
• A at surface/stage area is required for Scenic Route’s music equipment. This area must clear of any debris, and be dry.
• An electrical point will be required. The extension lead must be plugged into its own power source and not shared with other electrical equipment. This is for your safety, the safety of the venue, and also to protect Scenic Route’s music equipment.
• All stage areas must be at least 6' X 6' and must be close to the edge of a room or marquee (i.e not central in a room or an area where guests can walk behind them and their equipment). • Rider Jenna & Steve maypossiblyrequireahotmeal,dependingonhowlongyoubookthemforat your Event. We will let you know if this is a requirement when you ask for a quote. They will also need water supplied throughout their performance. They will not drink any alcohol at your Event.
Song choices - Live music song choices
If you book Scenic Route for their live music set during the Drinks Reception, Wedding Breakfast or Evening Pre-Party, you are most welcome to choose 5 or 6 of your favourite songs from their setlist which they will definitely include at your Event. However, you may not specify songs from their setlist that they are not allowed to play, or choose the order in which they will play their songs (apart from your first dance song of which you may want to choose a particular point during your Evening Reception for them to perform this). This is because although not all songs may be to your personal taste, Scenic Route are experienced musicians who know which songs audiences react well to, and which songs sit well together to create a varied pace. Limiting the songs they play will reduce their capability to entertain your guests to their full potential.
Additional live music songs choices
You are welcome to commission Scenic Route to learn additional songs which are not already on their setlist (as long as they can make them work successfully on guitar). We will contact you to ask for your choices six weeks prior to your Event, and we will require your songs choices at least three weeks before your Event. Any song choices sent to us less than 14 days before your Event cannot be guaranteed to be performed. This is because Scenic Route are often preparing for several weddings/events at once and needs adequate time to learn songs prior to upcoming events.
Equipment - Responsibility of music equipment
It is Scenic Route’s responsibility to test and make sure their equipment is functioning correctly prior to playing music at your Event. It is also their responsibility to make sure their music equipment is fully PAT tested for your Event.
You are financially responsible for losses suffered by Scenic Route in respect to damage to equipment and /or theft whilst on location at the Event. In the event that Scenic Route’s music equipment is damaged in any way by yourself or your guests during their performance, Scenic Route will need to send their equipment away to the manufacturer for a maintenance service and you will be required to reimburse them this cost. We will send you the receipt and an invoice for you to make payment. In the event that the manufacturer finds the maintenance service does not rectify the damage, you will be required to pay the total repair costs. We will send you the receipt and invoice to make full payment.
If Scenic Route are assaulted, subjected to abuse or interrupted, or equipment is damaged they will no longer have any obligation to perform.
Cancellation and Refunds Policy
In the rare circumstance that you should wish to cancel your booking:
• We will retain your 20% deposit indefinitely if you cancel any time up to and including 14 days prior to your Event.
• You are still obliged to pay the full remaining balance if you cancel within 13 days of your Event (up to and including 13 days). It is up to our discretion as to whether we can reschedule your Event for an alternative date, in such a case your deposit will be transferred to the new date. We reserve the right to levy a £30 charge to cover any subsequent administrative expenses. In the rare circumstance that we need to cancel your booking: Should we need to cancel due to illness on our part, we will refund your deposit and balance payment in full. We will endeavour to find you a suitable replacement musician but this cannot be guaranteed. By accepting these Terms of Service you accept these risks when booking. We will not give any compensation other than to refund your deposit in the case that we cannot attend your Event due to illness. No full or partial refunds can be given in the circumstance that our live music set at your Event are cut short to meet the venue’s music curfew time. Full or partial refunds also cannot be given in the situation that schedules have over-run (e.g speeches/meal taking longer than expected and therefore shortening Scenic Route’s set time).
• Termination of Agreements Both the Client and ourselves have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. However, you are subject to the cancellation policy as stated in the cancellation paragraph above.
It is Scenic Route’s responsibility to make sure they have appropriate Public Liability Insurance for your Event up to £1,000,000 as a minimum. If you would like a copy of our PLI certificate please contact us.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
These Terms of Service form part of the Agreement between you and us. Your accessing of Scenic Route’s website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance of the full Terms of Service contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
Thank you for taking the time to read our Terms of Service.
© Scenic Route Music 2017